This is the BEST BBQ Chicken Marinade ever! It’s quick and easy and sure to be your favorite. This marinade produces so much flavor, is the perfect amount of sweet and tangy and keeps your grilled chicken tender, juicy and delicious! Dare we say that after using this marinade recipe you’ll never use another one again?
Pair this easy dinner perfect for summer with Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad and Roasted Vegetables for an easy family friendly meal. Don’t forget the Strawberry Crisp for a sweet treat!
Disclosure: I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsKetchup
Marinade For BBQ Chicken
Sometimes the thought of eating chicken breasts one more time is so boring! That’s why I like to make an easy marinade for our protein like this fabulous BBQ Chicken Marinade. It adds so much flavor to your chicken and it’s so easy to mix up.
I love that there is minimal dishes involved in this marinade and grilling it outside saves on them too. Plus, it’s easy to sneak in healthier foods for my family. I usually pair it with Grilled Vegetables and even throw diced sweet potatoes in there to make it a little more hearty. Or serve it with Roasted Red Potato Salad!
Why This BBQ Chicken Breast Marinade Works:
- I bet you have the ingredients in your pantry already. It’s such an easy marinade to make at the last minute.
- You only need to marinate your chicken for two hours to pick up that delicious flavor, but can marinade up to two days.
- Guess what! It’s a freezer friendly meal. Freeze your chicken in the marinade then when you want to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and grill the next night!
If you are looking for a delicious twist, yet an easy recipe you have to make these BBQ Chicken Breasts this summer!
What Do I Need To Make BBQ Chicken Marinade
- Chicken Breasts – We recommend pounded these to an even thickness so they grill evenly. You could also mix it up and use drumsticks, thighs etc.
- Dried Onion Flakes – Finely diced fresh onion will work too.
- Smoked Paprika – Can use regular paprika, but the hint of smoked flavor is perfect for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper
- Honey – Any sweetener with will work.
- Ketchup – Pick your favorite brand.
- Soy Sauce – Could substitute with Liquid Aminos.
Here are a few commonly asked questions about making this marinade and grilling the chicken.
If you have any additional questions make sure to leave us a comment below and we will do the best to answer you!
FAQ For The Best BBQ Chicken Marinade
What should the internal temperature of grilled chicken be?The internal temperature of cooked chicken should be 165 degrees F. We recommend using an instant read thermometer to monitor the temperature of your chicken. It’s easy to use and inexpensive! Make sure to insert the thermometer probe into the thickest part of the chicken breast.
Should you marinate chicken before BBQ?It’s not a requirement but using a chicken marinade before you BBQ chicken can help give you chicken that is juicy and has a ton of flavor. A marinade can work in as little as 30 minutes, or you can prep it ahead of time and let chicken marinate for up to a few days ahead of time.
How long should you marinate chicken?Usually 2 hours is long enough for the chicken to soak up the flavor of your BBQ marinade, but you can leave your chicken in the marinade in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Do I need to flip the chicken in the marinade?For best results flip the bag over while marinating or if it’s in a container flip the chicken over.
Can I freeze chicken in this marinade?Yes! Simply place the chicken into a freezer-safe bag and pour the prepared marinade over the top of it. Toss the chicken to make sure it’s coated and then squeeze the air out of the bag. Place it in the freezer for up to three months. When you are ready to use the chicken remove from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then grill your chicken according to the directions!
Can I cook this in the oven?
Of course! Place in a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
What To Serve With Your BBQ Marinade Grilled Chicken
- If you are hesitant to make potato salad because it’s time consuming try this easy Instant Pot Potato Salad that’s packed with as much flavor as the traditional version.
- Have fresh green beans out of the garden? Wrap them in bacon and make these delicious Green Bean Bundles!
- Make the ultimate summer dessert to pair it with. No one can ever turn down a scoop of homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cream!