Grilled Eggplant slices are super easy, just slice, season, grill, and serve! When the weather is warm, set aside eggplant parmesan and opt for the barbecue instead of the oven!
Grilling your veggies with steaks or honey mustard chicken already on the grill is not only convenient, but healthy (and super yummy)! Your barbecue can easily do double duty when you grill everything together!
Eggplant contains a good amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber, one whole cup of eggplant is only 20 calories! Best of all, they’re low on calories but really high on flavor when seasoned right! The flavor is mild yet earthy and eggplant can be paired with nearly any kind of seasoning, sauce, or even melted cheese! So get that barbecue fired up!
How to Cut an Eggplant for Grilling
This is an easy one! Be sure your eggplant is free of any dirt and wipe it dry. There is no need to peel eggplant before grilling! Hold the eggplant on its side with your left hand (or right, if you are left-handed), slice into ¾ inch rounds or slices.
If your eggplant is on the smaller side, you can cut it lengthwise to get long strips of eggplant so it’s easier to handle on the grill.
How to Use Sliced Eggplant: While we love grilling anything and everything in the summer, there are so many ways to use a sliced eggplant! Whether baking or grilling this vegetable it is delicious and versatile!
- Baked: Eggplant Parmesan, Crispy Baked Eggplant, roasted eggplant to name a few
- Grilled: Wrap around a Grilled Chicken Breast and top with tomato sauce and cheese, grill with Vidalia onion halves, whole baby red potatoes and sliced cauliflower steaks, or even a Greek Eggplant dish with melted mozzarella cheese on a crusty baguette with a handful of Greek olives.
How to Grill an Eggplant
Eggplant has spongy, tender flesh which makes it a great for seasoning and quick for cooking! A quick grilled eggplant marinade is any Italian or Vinaigrette dressing you have on hand. Or try the easy grilled eggplant marinade in this recipe.
- Slice: Slice the eggplant into ¾ inch slices as directed above.
- Season: Whisk together oil mixture and brush over the eggplant pieces.
- Grill: Pop on the grill and cook until tender and there are grill marks on each side.
Easy Grilled Eggplant
- 2 medium eggplant
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
Slice eggplant into ¾” thick slices. Preheat grill to medium-high.
Combine olive oil, garlic and seasoning.
Brush eggplant with olive oil mixture. Season with salt & pepper
Grill 4-5 minutes per side or until tender.